Doorbell Pro went offline

Rind doorbell Pro Offline

Brand new Doorbell Pro. It has been working great, installed (10/18/20) , until 10/30/2020 at 2:50pm where it went Offline. This was the last time it recorded any motion or was connected to network. Now it says it’s Offline. It won’t reconnect to our Wifi. We’ve restarted the internet modem and Wifi router (twice). All other device in the house are working, even streaming TV and Xbox. Under device health it shows Voltage is Good; Status is Offline; Last Reported Signal Strength is RSSI -46. From what I’ve read the RSSI rate is good, I think. We’ve checked the power connections and they seem to be working. Oddly enough, the doorbell will only ring once then stops. If you reset the power it will work for a little bit. Reconnect Wifi doesn’t work through the Ring App, it wants to join some Ring Wifi Network that doesn’t exist. Trying to connect to it doesn’t work either. Following the steps to reconnect to Wifi the Ring flashes a white circle, not a blue circle like it usually did. Don’t know what else to do. Do we have a defective doorbell? VERY DISAPPOINTED.

2 Likes

I have the same issue with the same ring pro only mine blinks blue only on top
All power is good

Hi neighbors. I would first ensure that you have our Pro Power Kit properly installed and that the chime kit you are using is compatible. Next, ensure that the doorbell transformer you are using is at least 16 VAC and 30 VA. If those things are certain, then you may need to reach out to our support team for further assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know the results!

This has happened to me twice now. I installed the first ring pro mid September of 2020, it worked perfectly for about a month when it would randomly would go offline then reconnect an hour or so later. Finally it just never reconnected to wifi. I went thru the whole process of rebooting everything and trying to reconnect wifi but to no avail. I called customer service and went thru the rebooting everything process again with no luck. The person at tech support was able to look at the status of the ring pro before it went offline and said that the power and wifi signal was very good. They sent me a new ring pro and it worked perfectly… for about a month. This time it just went offline and never came back. Once again I called customer service and we went through the trouble shooting process, I even sent pictures of the transformers power and wiring, the wiring of the pro power kit to my chime and the wiring at the back of the doorbell while still on the phone with them. Everything looked good. They are sending me a third doorbell. I hope this works for the long term but I’m skeptical. I have read this issue has happened to quite a few other people. Maybe there is a batch of defective ring pro doorbells out there or maybe there is a defect in all of them and its just a matter of time before this issue happens.