doorbell pro very hot

I have just powered up doorbell using the Ring plug in adapter. The doorbell seems hot to touch on the back of the unit.The front is fairly warm.Is this normal?

1 Like

Same thing here. Warm to the touch. Maybe too much voltage?

Thank you for sharing this with us, neighbors! The required operating temperature for the Doorbell Pro is -5 to 120 degrees F (-20.5 to 48.5 degrees C). If your device is in direct sunlight, this can certainly cause the device to feel warm, in addition to supplied voltage and operating temperature.

If you feel that your Video Doorbell Pro is too hot given the above information, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I’m wondering if the power pack is too large? Mine is also very very hot. The power pack is a lot larger than I thought it would be. I unplugged it, seems unsafe.