Doorbell Pro stops working after install of 2nd Doorbell Pro

I’ve had a Ring Video Doorbell Pro for a few years. I just aquired a 2nd Ring Video Doorbell Pro. Three days after installing my 2nd Doorbell Pro, the original one stopped working. Each one has the battery pack installed on the doorbell transformer - the original connected to “front;” the new one connected to “rear.” Both have a lead connected to “trans.”

Is there some sort of incompatibility between the battery packs or the doorbell that is causing the original one problems??

Hey @BCasteel. Can you check the make and model of your chime kit and see if it falls into the compatible or incompatible section of our chime kit compatibility list for the Doorbell Pro here? Additionally, you can reference some wiring diagrams for the Pro here, to ensure the wiring setup you have to ensure it matches the applicable diagram.

If your chime kit is compatible and the wiring looks good per the diagram, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your setup and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

I don’t have a chime, so I’m not sure what you are asking me to check/do.

@BCasteel The Doorbell Pro requires an existing doorbell circuit in order for it to be wired to. A chime kit is an internal doorbell that rings inside your house and is part of the doorbell circuit that the Pro would be wired to. If you have your Pro wired differently, there could be some power concerns. I would suggest giving our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to look at how your Doorbell is wired and provide more in-depth guidance.