Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
T
Doorbell Pro Stopped Working again
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
My wired Doorbell Pro stopped working (went "offline") after 11 months of working correctly. There were no changes to my network to cause this. I spent about 90 minutes on the phone with tech support and tried everything, but we could not bring it back. Reluctantly, I bought another one (I had to buy it because I waited until after the 12 month limit to call it in). Installation of the new one went smoothly and it worked perfectly for about two hours, then it went offline too. I've spent another two hours with tech support and did everything, including a hard re-boot and removing power. Ring tech support told me they would re-flash the embedded sw and re-build the application overnight and "guaranteed" that it would work in the morning. It did not. Clearly, Ring Tech Support doesn't know what to do to get me back on-line. On my own, I've also re-booted my network and phone and then re-booted the doorbell. Still nothing. In all cases the doorbell light pulses but doesn't "spin". It gets to the point of trying to connect to the Ring network but can't. My mesh network sees the doorbell as a connected device. Ideas? Separately, this is my third Ring doorbell in three years. The last one lasted only 11 months - they are very unreliable.

01-12-2023 10:40:03

Responses (2)

M
I’m having a similar problem. My network is showing my ring doorbell as a connected device but the doorbell is showing it is not connected to Wi-Fi. I rebooted my network and that did not change anything. I tried reconnecting the doorbell and the app says it’s not receiving power. I never did get the ring to light up white, there was no response. It’s receiving power because it will ring from downstairs but does not respond at the doorbell chime for several minutes. And the app shows the voltage as good. I bought a ring chime ( even thought the app says my existing signal is ‘excellent’ ) and I could not get it to connect to that either. The chime door bell is also showing as connected and keeps notifying me it’s not connected to the doorbell. As a last resort, I tried a hard reset today, I get the white spinning ring on the doorbell, but it never connects, just keeps spinning. The ring doorbell pro frequently disconnects from the network but has always been easy to rest until now. I’m out of ideas.

03-12-2023 05:05:27

T
Hi Neighbors. For this concern, I would suggest following up with our support team since they have already established a plan of action for your concern. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

05-12-2023 07:02:59

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User