Doorbell Pro Stopped Connecting, Cannot find it in setup mode to reprogram

We have had the Ring Pro hardwired to our doorbell’s power for a couple years. Last week it stopped connecting, we followed the app’s troubleshooting steps and then a few other tricks.

1. Rebooted wifi routers (LinkSys hardwired Velop, rebooting all nodes).
  2. Attempted to Enter Setup on Ring and then exit with button
  3. Restarted Ring by removing power, waiting 10 minutes, powering back on
  4. Attempted to enter Setup on Ring (doorbell enters setup mode, but neither of our phones can see the Ring’s wifi to connect to it.

After #4, I started using my NetSpot app on the laptop - I cannot find it’s setup hotspot. We tried hard booting a few more times with long power outages, still that little wifi chip doesn’t seem to fire.

Anything else to try before we buy a new doorbell (It’s over a year old, so probably no warranty)? Doorbell Pro Stopped Connecting, Cannot find it in setup mode to reprogram

1 Like

Hi @Miko5. It sounds like you’ve done all of the typical troubleshooting that I would recommend. It would be best to follow up with our support team to see the next best steps to get you up and running. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Morning, I was given a Ring Video Pro as a gift, unused but sat in a cupboard for a year. Connected as per instructions and power to the Ring confirmed. Initially set up was OK, got device onto my WiFi and was able to Live View, it even recorded 2 events that day. After that it has been useless. The ring led telling me that either a firmware update didn’t work or that the device is not being charged, it has power. It also has a good WiFi signal strength as I’ve stood beside it with door closed and WiFi strength is great.
Followed the instructions on ring website to reset device, holding the button on the side for at least 15 seconds to reset. Device reboots and then goes to spinning white ring which according to your instructions means it is ready to connect to app. There is no Ring AP as there was initially, none. The spinning white led doesn’t time out, pushing the button has no effect. Tried “reconnecting” in app, no use. Removed device from app and tried to re add, same problem.

To summarise, either hardware seems to not work or firmware update didn’t and the device appears to be now bricked.
I tried reaching out to ring using the contact details supplied via app and they responded saying that they do not offer email support.
As this is my first ring device I have to say that I am thoroughly unimpressed. I have 4k CCTV cameras that cost less and are a lot less trouble but are not doorbells. I would like a camera at the door.

Philip

Hi @PjMontgomery. Thanks for sharing details on what steps you’ve tried so far as well as what the results have been. Since you’ve run through a lot of the basic troubleshooting steps already, I would recommend contacting our support team for further assistance. While email support isn’t available and our chat support can’t do advanced troubleshooting, you can reach our support team by phone at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.