Doorbell Pro - static in audio recordings

Hi there

Had my Doorbell pro installed for a week now, I’m in the UK so used the Bypass on Power Kit V2, and 24v Transformer.

In my audio there is constantly a horrible static noise. I’ve changed the WiFi, I’ve turned off the light switch that’s near incase it was some weird interference. Nothing has fixed it. Voltage is good at 4027 and RSSI is great at 42. All healthy

https://youtu.be/0HGaOumcUYw example of what I’m talking about.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Hey @JOSEF. Whenever we have neighbors run into poor audio quality like this, we recommend making some changes on the router itself! You can learn more about this in our Ring Help Center Article here. While your RSSI is at a good value, altering the wifi channels may help build a more stable connection and help eliminate this static sound. Additionally, we recommend maybe trying out our Chime Pro to help with how the signal is carried from the Doorbell’s recording to being uploaded to the cloud.

Additionally, we will have a newer version of the Chime Pro which you could wait for instead as it should be available in the markets shortly! Regardless if you buy from ring.com or from amazon.com, both of us offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you wish to return it if you find it doesn’t seem to fix this concern. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea
My Doorbell Pro is already connected up to my Chime Pro, and that’s what it is connected to at the moment and from that recording in my original post.

@JOSEF That’s good to hear! This would make sense why your RSSI is fairly low, as the Chime Pro has done the work to help you out there. Were you able to visit the article I referenced? It’s also good to check your upload speeds (aside from download and please note other devices in the home my be using this upload speed as well) and adjusting your router channel. If you’ve tried these and still seem to have no resolve, I do recommend reaching out to our support team here.

Hi again Chelsea
Ive downloaded a WiFi analyser app mentioned in that article, my 2.4 and 5ghz channels show as good, not overly populated or congested. Upload speed is 30mb which is also very good. I reached out to support and they came to the resolution to issue me a replacement so fingers crossed that sorts it! Thanks again

1 Like

JOSEF did you get a replacement and did it resolve the issue? I have exactly the same problem