Doorbell Pro resets after a few minutes

i’m just trying to complete the set up for a ring doorbell pro and once the set up is complete, the light turns to a ‘soft’ white light and the doorbell seems to work OK, connects to the chime, captures video, but for 4 - 8 minutes and then returns to the start up mode - telling me its the most advanced doorbell etc and I have to set it all up again???

It doesnt feel like the most advanced doorbell in the world…

I’ve done the hard reset, rebooted the router, device health seems good, hardwired with a Ring plug in adaptor. It sounds like the wifi connection is dropping out but everything else in the home is working well, no record of any wifi drops. Download reading 44Mbps, upload 9Mbps, so fast enough…

Hi @Kron18. Thanks for letting me know what troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far. Since you’re still experiencing the same concern after what you’ve tried, I would suggest contacting our support team directly so they can take a deeper look at this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thanks Caitlin,

I am in the UK, I tried the support chat and it seems to be offline without any idea if its permanent or just temporary. I called the 24/7 number and its now 8am till 8pm but in a European time zone, so 6am - 6pm for us here.

I do appreciate the response, but having trawled through the other similar cries for help in the community without finding many solutions at all, I’m inclined to move on to a different solution - the last thing anyone wants is a security product which needs me to reconfigure my router and then be watching the app waiting for the next time it drops out. The BT routers are fairly widespread and it doesnt seem unreasonable to think someone would have ready to apply solution for them. I was hoping for ‘fit and forget’.

If I do come across a solution before returning it I’ll post it here, but the fact that no one else has yet leads me to think its not going to happen. Thanks anyway.