Doorbell Pro offline, steady half bright white illuminated ring won’t spin when reset

Purchased the Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Stick up Stick Up Camera 9 months ago. Both have been offline for over a week. Started with Doorbell Pro and that is where I am stuck. Have not ventured re-connecting the Stick Up Camera.

Opened App > Device Health > Reconnect to WIFI

White ring on Doorbell Pro was not spinning. White ring was illuminated all the way around but at only half the brightness. It was not spinning or flashing. Pressed reset button (2 seconds) and released. Nothing happened. Still had White ring illuminated all the way around but at only half the brightness. It was not spinning or flashing.

Pressed reset button approximately 30 seconds. White light got bright, spun around once and then the top half flashed blue for a long time the stopped and went right to White ring illuminated all the way around but at only half the brightness. It was not spinning or flashing. Not sure what the White half bright light means? Is there a table for the Doorbell Pro that lists all of the light sequences and what they indicate?

Deleted Ring App > Reinstalled Ring App

So, tried it one more time. Opened App > Device Health > Reconnect to WIFI

Nothing happened. Still had White ring was illuminated all the way around but at only half the brightness. It was not spinning or flashing. White ring was not spinning. White ring was illuminated all the way around but at only half the brightness. It was not spinning or flashing. > pressed reset button (2 seconds) and released. Nothing happened. Still had White ring illuminated all the way around but at only half the brightness. It was not spinning or flashing.

Verified voltage at Doorbell Pro and have 17.85 Vac.

Reattached Doorbell Pro to house and went inside and shut off breaker for doorbell. Verified D-bell Pro was no longer illuminated. Turned breaker back on after being off for 1 hour. Went back to D-bell Pro and found. White ring was not spinning. White ring was illuminated all the way around but at only half the brightness. It was not spinning or flashing.

Pressed reset button (2 seconds) and released. Nothing happened. Still had White ring illuminated all the way around but at only half the brightness. It was not spinning or flashing.

Through all this I had Bluetooth off, Hot Spots off and was not seeing the Ring Network. Am I correct in the assumption that when the White ring is spinning that is when the Ring network is being broadcast?

Now I turn to the forum…what do I do next?

This is happening to me exactly like you said, how did you fix it?

Hi neighbors! A dimly lit led indicator on the Pro is often a sign of low power. This could be due to wiring variables or the power supply. When the Doorbell Pro is receiving enough power, entering setup mode will result in an audible announcement that your “Ring device is in setup mode”. It is important to allow the Doorbell Pro some time when reapplying power, before attempting another setup.

After about 30 minutes of being powered with no button pushes, the Doorbell Pro should enter setup mode and broadcast it’s Ring setup network. If this is not the case, please check that wiring is connected properly, the power supply is rated for 16 to 24 VAC, the wiring is not too thin/ spliced/ old, and the Pro Power Kit is installed per instructions. If you feel the power supply is not adequate for consistent operation of the Doorbell Pro, check out the power supply options at Ring.com/accessories. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Did anyone actually ever get a fix to this? We had a doorbell that functioned properly for over a year. I spent more than an hour on the phone with tech support trying every possible solution. The problems listed above are identical. Ring ended up sending us a new doorbell, same model. Install, got it connected on the app, and it went offline less than 24 hours later. Same issues, brand new doorbell.

In addition, sometimes it will ring my doorbell, and sometimes it won’t. It has power, dimly lit light. When you hit the main doorbell button, the ring unit makes noise, but it only rings the mechanical doorbell inside every once in a while.

I should note, we also have a ring camera/light outside in the backyard that has been working properly throughout this whole debacle.

Hi @user65291. Insufficient power can cause connectivity issues and prevent the chime kit from ringing. Try reviewing our Hardwiring Checklist to make sure your Doorbell Pro is correctly installed. The Pro Power Kit should be installed on the chime kit, and your transformer should provide 16-24VAC, 50/60HZ. If these issues continue to happen after checking the wiring, I’d suggest following up with our support team to investigate further. Your concern may need to be escalated if basic troubleshooting doesn’t resolve the power concerns.

We did get in touch with them. We have had no issues for a year, and this started happening. Power to the unit hasn’t changed, and powers other units.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.