Doorbell Pro Lost connection and won't reconnect after hard reset

Hi,
My Doorbell Pro suddenly disconnected yesterday. It worked fine for one day and then nothing.
I could not reconnect it.

I have tried:
Tapping the left button to enter setup mode (after:)
Hard Reset (30 second push of side button)

Power Reset

Resetting the router

Removing it from the app

All in combination

All I can get out of it is a pulsing white (ring shaped) light.

The side button does literally nothing when clicked once to enter setup mode.

I’ve read a huge amount of forum posts and articles online to find a solution but nothing works, and nobody from Ring is available to help!

1 Like

Hey @MrBeardo. Are you receiving the appropriate amount of power to the device? If you are getting a slow white pulsing light, this means the device is trying to boot back up and is not getting the right amount of power. We have a Ring Help Center Article here that you can review to make sure you have the right levels of power coming through!

Having this problem as well, new install, worked for a few hours then went into a firmware update and hasn’t worked since. Spinning white led ring and no Ring AP to setup device.

I’m experiencing the same problem and have attempted similar troubleshooting steps. Did you ever find a solution?

Hi neighbors! If you’ve tried the basic troubleshooting steps and checked the power to ensure the Pro is receiving adequate power to no avail, then it may be time to reach out to our support team for further assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look and offer more in-depth troubleshooting support to help get your Doorbell Pro working properly. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I had the same problem. Eventually Ring sent me a replacement, which installed fine, then bricked itself with a firmware update. I just get a pulsing white light followed by a solid white light.

I’ve tried calling support twice, but after an hour on hold each time had to give up.

Please don’t blame COVID for bad customer support. It’s been a year, you should have figured out how to use the phone by now and trained a sufficient number of customer support agents.

1 Like

Hi @nevetssf. I’ve answered this question in your individual post here.