Doorbell pro keeps droping internet connection

our new doorbell pro continues to drop its internet connection despite having a chime pro and all items within range of the wifi router.

looking into the settings and device health it seems to be a power issue, i think then that the power supply pack supplied with the doorbell pro is faulty

Hi @MPotten! Are you using one of our Ring branded transformers or power supplies? Feel free to include more details on your setup, such as any existing chime kit being used or wiring pictures, as it can help us make the best suggestions for solution. :slight_smile:

I have a similar problem except my power and RSSI looks good. I’ve had to do a hard reset twice and each time it took a really long time before it went into setup mode. Gave up and put an “out of order” sign over the doorbell. I’m thinking the internal battery may have run out of gas. When the Pro was installed, the transformer was replaced, and the Ring power kit was installed. As the doorbell rang sporatically, the Chime was added. Everything else has been great for the last 3 years (at least). Can the internal battery be replaced? Or do I need a whole new device? Suggestions? Thanks!

Hey @sbhnet. The internal battery cannot be replaced for the Ring Video Doorbell Pro, sadly. I recommend to be in touch with our support team over the phone here if you believe your device is no longer able to boot up/function properly!

Yes I am and I received a replacement power adapter today.

Same Problem Is happening so it’s not a power supply issue it’s the actual doorbell that’s faulty.

Doorbell worked for a few minutes then failed yet again.

This is the worst product I have ever wasted money on.

@MPotten If you have received a replacement power adapter and the Doorbell Pro will still not connect and operate for you, you will need to reach back out to our support team here to report this!

Same problem here. Ring pro goes offline after a few minutes. Very annoing. Transformator is the original power supply. Internet is good. Helpdesk is not available.

Please provide support otherwise I will return this and buy a better device.

@Rene123 Does your Doorbell Pro go offline when you ding the Doorbell, or just randomly? From the screenshot, it looks like your device is online, but has a high RSSI. You should check out our Community post here, which will detail more information on how to lower your RSSI!

It drops off randomly after a few minutes. The doorbell is about 1.5m away from the router and no way I can improve the signal. I see no possibility how to improve the signal quality. Any better suggestion?

rene

Sorry, as an addition to previous post: the screenshot is after one of the many re-installations before it drops offline (see screenshot)

Hey @Rene123. Could you reach out to our support team here about this? It seems that your Doorbell may be falling offline for power reasons, which our support team can verify for you!

Similar to other posters, My 2 year old Ring Video Doorbell Pro went offline for several days. Signal and power were rated as good (RSSI-60), but power to device was only 14.7V. So I connected a new transformer rated at 22V and the pro reconnected… for less than an hour. So I then reconnected the old transformer at 14.7V and it again reconnected… for less than an hour. Could be the non-replaceable internal battery. Could you connect me to customer support to discuss options if battery is bad? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there, @gdaigle! I agree that our support will be able to assist best with the next steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.