Doorbell Pro always shows 0.0mV in device health. Is this normal?

I’ve had a Doorbell pro connected for about 2 months now, it has always displayed 0.0mV voltage in device health. Is this normal?

It has never gone offline and always functions properly.

Powered with a 24 -40VA transformer, with plenty of power at the screws on the back.

No mechanical chime attached.

Thanks

I have the same problem. The device health shows either 0mv or ‘Poor’.

It’s fine when it works, but the suddenly stops and flashes blue for a while.

It is connected to a Ring power supply as I only installed it yesterday.

How can I fix it?

I think the Doorbell Pro is just a poor product with quality issues. Mine will stay operational as long as it doesn’t lose power. Apparently in additon to the wired power it also has a capacitor which seems to go bad.

My power was out this morning for a brief time and my doorbell is now offline. It will most likely comeback up after 12-24 hours as that seems to be how it functions.

I also have a Ring alarm and refuse to sub to any of there premium services as I have no faith in the product functioning properly.

Hi neighbors. Your Ring Pro should be displaying the proper voltage at all times. One thing to check in the Ring App would be your Internal Doorbell Settings. You can find this by selecting- Menu > Devices > Ring Pro > Device Settings > General Settings > Internal Doorbell Settings. Once there, you’ll want to make sure you’ve selected the correct setting. If this does not get your Ring Pro to display the correct voltage, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

This option isn’t available. After you drill down to General Settings there is no option to select “Internal Doorbell Settings”. The only thing in General Settings seems to be chime and that is set to none.

My doorbell has now been offline for a few days (flashing blue) and I suspect it’s due to an internal issue, my wifi access point is less than 2’ away.

This has been the most frustrating (and expensive) smart home device I’ve ever owned.

I also have a Ring alarm which does function properly but this doorbell has really soured me on Ring in general.

1 Like

Did you find a solution? I am having the same issue right now! Did you have to buy a new device? I’m think about switching to a whole new system, brand.

Hey neighbors. If you’re experiencing power concerns with your Doorbell Pro, the first step is to verify that the wiring is done correctly. You can find a hardwiring checklist for the Doorbell Pro here. Next, ensure you have selected the correct chime type in the Ring app. This setting was moved under Device settings > In-home Chime Settings.

After ensuring all the wiring and settings are correct, reboot your Doorbell from the Device Health page in the Ring app. You’ll see Reboot This Device at the bottom of the page, and the reboot process may take a few moments. If you still see low voltage reported in the Ring app, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to further troubleshoot this. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.