Doorbell Pro - 2nd push doesn't work

I installed my new doorbell pro yesterday, and already come across a really annoying issue where the internal Chime and doorbell both chime when the button is pressed, but then there follows around a 30 second period where the doorbell seems to die then re-initialise. I understand on the 1st push it starts recording and sends notifications, but most people will try a 2nd push if the 1st isn’t answered fairly quickly… surely this can’t be right? If this is normal function, then this is really poor basic fancionality and needs to be addressed urgently.

1 Like

Hey @jdl74. Have you ensured you included the Pro Power Kit in the setup of this device? This could be the reason why your Doorbell is doing this. If you have, send over a picture of how you have it installed with your chime kit, please! :slight_smile:

So In order to get a second door chim press one needs to purchase the ring chime?

I have the Ring 3 and linked to my echo devices, I’ll get the 1st ring and Alexa telling me someone is at the front door then will have to wait 30+ seconds before someone can press the button again. Are the ring engineers working on a firmware update that fixes this issue or at least have it where one can press and have it ring a 2nd time?

Hey @Guzman! When an event is triggered, whether from a motion/ ring or from the Ring app as a live view, its operation and communication is dedicated to that event. Therefore, another event attempt will not register until the current event is over, and the RIng device is ready for another event. The time between events depends on wifi connection efficiency and power variables, but will take several seconds.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Smiley Happy