Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
S
Doorbell Pro 2 Mechanical Chime Compatibility List not working
hardwired-video-doorbell
installation
troubleshooting
Edot: The link is now working and I have a compatible mechanical chime. It's the power pack I am missing from my kit now. Hello, The link for actuall Mechanical Chimes that are compatible is not wokring - the web page is not formed correctly by the looks. [https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059789591-Ring-Video-Doorbell-Pro-2-Chime-Kit-Compatibility-List](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059789591-Ring-Video-Doorbell-Pro-2-Chime-Kit-Compatibility-List) Does anyone know which mechanical doorbells are compatible because I have had two now and both do not work with the official transformer and power pro etc. I spoke to the helpdesk but they were not very helpful and to be honest and quite curt at times sayig that no mechanical chimes are compatioble with Doorbell Pro 2. Can anyone tell what make and model ding dong mechanical bell they have that is working with a Doorbell Pro 2 Wired? Or point me to a working comaptibility list? Thanks.

05-09-2023 10:57:46

Responses (4)

C
Hi @Splitpink. I'll be forwarding that feedback along regarding the Help Center article. What is the make and model of your mechanical chime kit? It's important for it to be compatible, but it's also important for your transformer to provide sufficient power for both the Doorbell Pro and the chime kit. What are the power specifications of your transformer?

07-09-2023 10:05:01

S
Hello, my me hanical chime is a Friedland D117. I havenotic d from reafing that there shoukd be a pro power out v3 in ky box which is missing along with the falt mount bracket, I only had an angular mount bracket in mine and no pro power pack v3. I note the website now works and my D117 is compatible but it does not attempt to chime. It's either wired wrong or needs the misding pro power kit v3 to make it work?

30-09-2023 11:46:41

S
Apologies for the delay replying, I never had an email notification saying you had replied to me. It's a Pro 2 doorbel that came with the official ring power module 16v I think it is thst mounts in the consumer unit. My doorbell is a D117 Friedland On reading more I believe my kit is missing the power pro v3 module and it also didn't have a flat mount kit, only angled one in the box. Can you confirm I shoukd have received a flat mount bracket ans. Power Pro V3? Either that poee module is needed for it to work or the wiring is incorrect. I haven't managed to find a wiring guide for the D117 mechanical chime and Ring Doorbell Pro 2.

30-09-2023 11:47:39

T
Hi @Splitpink. What browser are you using? Are you outside of the US? The link you shared is working on my end, and a comprehensive list is displayed. If you are using a Ring Pro 2, a Pro Power Kit v3 should also be installed. As you can see in the picture below, the D117 is compatible. ![Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 2.35.21 PM|669x500](upload://w7ADIQHyqzsHgal05qCegDgxjyp.png)

02-10-2023 07:36:08

S
It has been repaired since and works fine. I have q mechanical chime that is approved but my bell was missing a power kit v3 which I can seem to get from anywhere here in the UK.

08-10-2023 09:19:38

T
Hi @Splitpink. For this concern, you'll need to reach out to our support team. Please follow up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). You can also get in touch by sending a private message [@Ring](https://community.ring.com/u/ring) on Facebook or Twitter.

09-10-2023 04:11:59

S
Hello, my me hanical chime is a Friedland D117. I havenotic d from reafing that there shoukd be a pro power out v3 in ky box which is missing along with the falt mount bracket, I only had an angular mount bracket in mine and no pro power pack v3. I note the website now works and my D117 is compatible but it does not attempt to chime. It's either wired wrong or needs the misding pro power kit v3 to make it work?

30-09-2023 11:46:41

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

08-11-2023 04:12:40

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User