Doorbell Pro 2 home chime not working

Had Doorbell Pro 2 installed a few days ago by an electrician, replacing existing hard wired doorbell. Everything is working except the in home chime. When the two wires are taken off the doorbell and touched together the chime works, however once the power pack was installed to the chime as per the instructions touching the wires together no longer worked. Called ring and after a long troubleshooting (all app settings verified) session they sent me a repair kit which included a new power kit. They are also sending me a free chime which I appreciate. However I still want my old chime to work. I Installed the new one and no change.

What’s my next step here? What could be preventing the chime from ringing?

Ok I disconnected the power pack and pressed the doorbell, this time my internal chime sounded. I know it’s not supposed to be used without the power pack. The chime had some weird buzzing for about 10 seconds after it was done, then It stopped. I reconnected the power pack, tried the chime again, not working. So again I ask what’s going on. It’s a not terribly old 16V transformer. Device health says transformer strength is good. I don’t understand what’s going on, and neither did the electrician.

Chime is model zenith 95 base that’s the most I can make out, can’t tell the exact model number. I guess my next step is to try replacing the chime?

Hi @jshorr24. If your electrician has verified the wiring and power to your Pro 2, another thing you can check is to make sure you enabled your Pro 2 to chime with a mechanical chime. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Ring app.
  • Select the menu button (three lines, top left).
  • Tap Devices
  • Choose your Video Doorbell.
  • Select Device Settings.
  • Select In-Home Chime Settings
  • Verify that the Ring in-home chime option is toggled on and that the chime type is set to mechanical.

You also want to verify that your chime is on the list of compatible chimes for the Pro 2. We also have this Help Center page here on proper installation of the Pro Power Kit. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team once more and let them know you are calling back with an on-going concern. They should be able to get you connected to our advanced support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.