Doorbell on 5GHz, Chime Pro on 2.4GHz?

I have a Ring Doorbell 3 and a Chime Pro (2nd generation). The doorbell is on my network’s 5GHz band, and the Chime Pro is on the 2.4GHz band. Everything seems to be working OK, but I thought both devices were supposed to be on the same network. Am I wrong?

Hi @a4edb4316d7f55fab64e. Both devices do not have to be on the same network. If both the Doorbell and the Chime Pro have stable connections and you’re not experiencing any concerns, there is no need to change what network either device is on. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Caitlyn_Ring.

1 Like

How do I change the network my chime pro is on? I have limited connection on my doorbell which is connected to the chime, and it might be because of the distance. I believe 2.4 is better for longer distances, so if it is currently running on 5, I would like to see if changing it to 2.4 could help. Could anyone give me help on how to change the connection type?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi @Here2Stay. You can change the wifi network that your Chime Pro is connected to by following the steps below in the Ring app:

• Tap the 3 lines in the top left to open the Menu.
  • Tap Devices.
  • Find your Chime Pro on the list and select it.
  • Tap Device Health and choose Change Wi-Fi Network.
  • Follow the prompts on screen to change the wifi network.

I hope this helps out! :slight_smile:

1 Like