Doorbell not sensing motion

We have the Ring doorbell to add extra sense of security at home. While it has been up a while, the doorbell will sense movement if we go out the front door. However, it seems like it is not always catching movement when coming towards the door. I have made multiple adjustment to setting. Made a wider range for motion to be detected and still nothing. I have attempted to chat Ring and receive and error. I have also attempted to add two videos to this post but unable to do so with an error. 1 video shows where motion was sensed but nothing can be seen. There wasn’t anything on the porch to cause it to go off such as a flag. The camera goes off and while nothing was recorded, then in about a two minute time frame (still no notification) a huge box appears on the porch. What can I do to fix this?!

I am having the same problem. I hope by following your post, someone can assist us.

@CTaylor1 wrote:
We have the Ring doorbell to add extra sense of security at home. While it has been up a while, the doorbell will sense movement if we go out the front door. However, it seems like it is not always catching movement when coming towards the door. I have made multiple adjustment to setting. Made a wider range for motion to be detected and still nothing. I have attempted to chat Ring and receive and error. I have also attempted to add two videos to this post but unable to do so with an error. 1 video shows where motion was sensed but nothing can be seen. There wasn’t anything on the porch to cause it to go off such as a flag. The camera goes off and while nothing was recorded, then in about a two minute time frame (still no notification) a huge box appears on the porch. What can I do to fix this?!

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If you’re having concerns with the motion detection on your Doorbell, a good place to start is this Help Center Article which covers how the motion detection on our devices works. If you find that motion is being detected too frequently, it may help to reduce the sensitivity so the motion detection is more refined. Depending on which model of Doorbell you have, you’ll also want to consider the Motion Frequency settings. I hope this information is helpful, and if these concerns persist, I’d suggest contacting our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.