Doorbell not ringing on mobile phone unless phone in use

Hi, this is my first post here. Sorry if the question has been asked before.

When someone rings my doorbell, if I am away from the house, the ring doesn’t sound on my mobile unless I am actually using it.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Lisa

Hi @LisaP49. Can you let me know if you’re on an Android or iOS phone? Additionally, do you mean that the Ring App itself has to be open in order for a notification to come through? Or are notifications not coming through because you have your phone locked or on Do Not Disturb mode? Once I have a bit more information, I’ll be happy to offer some suggestions! :slight_smile:

Hi, sorry for the delay. I am on IOS and no, I don’t need to specifically open the Ring app, I simply need to pick up mu phone and use it somehow (reading a text for example). My phone isn’t on DND and I never keep it on lock…

For example, I was away from home yesterday and had not used my phone. When I got home, I had a text from someone who saif that they had been ringing my doorbell. I hadn’t received any notification, but it did come through once I read the text message.

Lisa

@LisaP49 Thank you for those additional details on what you’re experiencing. I’d recommend reviewing this Help Center Article here, which will go over some troubleshooting steps for delayed notifications on iOS devices specifically. I would also suggest uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App. This is a very common troubleshooting step for any notification concerns.

Should the delayed notifications persist, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. However, if I am right, there is no link attached to your message regarding your comment as follows?

@LisaP49 Thank you for those additional details on what you’re experiencing. I’d recommend reviewing this Help Center Article here, which will go over some troubleshooting steps for delayed notifications on iOS devices specifically.

@LisaP49 Thank you for pointing that out! It looks like the link broke after I added it in. I went back and adjusted it so you should be able to click the link now. :slight_smile: