Doorbell Not Fully Charging

My doorbell isn’t charging fully. It charges to 60% then only charges intermittently. There isn’t anything wrong with the charging cable/plug as it charged my other doorbell up no problem

Hi @HipDiva. Which model of Ring Doorbell do you have? You can find this on the back of the Doorbell itself, on the original packaging, or on the Device Health screen in the Ring App. Also, is your Doorbell battery powered or hardwired to an existing doorbell circuit? Once I have a bit more information, I can try and offer some suggestions that may be helpful for this charging concern. :slight_smile:

Hi it’s a 1st generation doorbell and it’s battery operated

@HipDiva Thanks for that information! If you haven’t yet, it’s a good idea to try a different charging cable or a different outlet to narrow down what the problem may be. If the Doorbell still isn’t charging, try resetting it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, set it back up in the Ring App. Should these concerns continue to persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further and help find a solution. Feel free to report back here and let me know how that goes, as it may help other neighbors as well. :slight_smile:

I charged my other doorbell with the same cable so I know it’s not the cable. I will try resetting it when it needs charging again thanks