Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Doorbell motion overriding Do Not Disturb
hardwired-video-doorbell
app-settings
troubleshooting
notifications

I’ve tried to look but could not find the answer. I have a hardwired doorbell as well as an outdoor camera by my garage, both with motion alerts and motion detection turned on. The Do Not Disturb setting on my Samsung phone is set to allow Ring notifications. When DND is on, I want the override to be only when the doorbell is pressed, not of the motion alerts. Currently my garage camera does not override but my doorbell motions alerts do. I do not see any discrepancies in the alert setting.

15-12-2023 02:15:51

Responses (1)

C

Hi @userJP71350. This is a setting that would be controlled from your phone, as there is currently no setting within the Ring app to allow specific Ring Doorbell and Camera alerts to override Do Not Disturb mode. You likely won’t have an option in your phone’s setting to specify which type of alerts from an app are allowed through on Do Not Disturb mode, but the options available may vary depending on your phone.

18-12-2023 08:39:10

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User