Doorbell live view sometimes won’t work

Some days my doorbell live view works great and some days it won’t work at all. I have another spotlight camera in the backyard that the live view works well on all the time so I know it’s not the internet connection. Both the backyard camera and doorbell are the same distance from the router. I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix the doorbell and I’m still having problems. Please help!

Hi there, @AStewart! Thanks for confirming your wifi connection is sufficient. A great next step is to try out our Rapid Ring app. The Rapid Ring app is designed for the quickest access to live view. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

It’s an issue that has plagued Ring doorbell camera’s for a long time. I find it is nearly impossible to get a Live view in a reasonable amount of time to see what is going on outside. By the time I finally do, the person is gone. This includes the Rapid Ring app as well.
It’s really inexcusable that we, as paying customers, can’t get a more rapid response.
I have other, non-Ring, security cameras on my property and I can instantly see what is going on with them as soon as I open their app or visit their web page.
Maybe, because they have a battery it takes longer to wake them up???