Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Doorbell lens peeling corrrection
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
video-quality
Sadly my doorbell lens was peeling as well after about 4 years of having ring and paying monthly for service. Disappointing to say the least, but here’s what I did for a clearer picture. 1. Carefully peel off the remaining protective layer. 2. Clean base with rubbing alcohol to remove old adhesive. 3. Polish base with a light automotive polishing compound, clean of excess. 4. Polish base with automotive polish. Images are before and after. May need to repolish periodically. ![image|499x499](upload://4UjIPf9aBO0zBYeA5pndD85yCS7.jpeg)

09-05-2023 12:13:33

Responses (1)

C
Hi @user44695. Thank you for taking the time to share this advice with the Community! It sounds like the protective film the Doorbell is shipped with wasn't removed when the Doorbell was originally installed. This could have caused the blurry view from the first picture. Regardless, I'm glad you were able to clear up the view on the Doorbell. :)

10-05-2023 07:12:52

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User