Doorbell keeps going offline, lasts only a day

My bell keeps going offline after being active for barely a day, day and a half; spoke with representatives twice, all they ask is to reconnect device. This is the 5th time doing it and the next day does the same.
My internet service is always fast and I even have wifi extensors. How many times do I have to go through this, for them to offer a replacement… this is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Hi @LiaR. What model Ring Doorbell is this? Is it hardwired? What is the RSSI for the device? Is there any wifi interference. These are all factors that can contribute to an intermittent connection. If you can kindly provide that information, the Ring Community may be able to provide you with a solution.

1 Like

I had the same problem - tech support had me go through numerous uninstall and re-install, reboot wifi, etc. All useless, and the inane questions “who is your internet provider” has absolutely NOTHING to do with the wifi.

Yep;I have the same problem too. It’s the only device in my house that drops-off WiFi regularly. I’ve even gone to the expense of fitting a WiFi extender 20cm from the ring door bell v3, and a ring hardwired power supply - all useless :frowning:
Has anyone found a resolution to this common fault yet?

Oh and the RSSI -64 and WiFi download 97.95, upload 9.52 ping 24
If that makes any difference…

Hi @Chitst. The best location for a WiFi extender is usually halfway between your router and your Ring device. This helps bridge the gap in the WiFi. Is your device on a 2.4GHz or 5GHz network? And does your network automatically switch devices between the 2 frequencies? Try putting your device on a dedicated 2.4GHz network to see if that improves the connectivity. Let me know how this works for you.