Doorbell has blown off the plate...no video now

Hello, my Ring doorbell came off the plate last night in the wind. We now have no video. Is this acceptable/reasonable? I can see damage to the bottom of the unit, but in all seriousness, if the wind can blow it off the plate, then it should not be so expensive.

Disappointed that I a now without a doorbell having paid nearly €200.

Sorry to hear about this happening, @MaxB. If your device was recently damaged and is not not working suddenly, this may require a closer look form our support team. Bringing your Doorbell indoors nearest the router, and charging it fully (if battery-powered), will help you test whether the video concern is connection or power related. You can perform a reset on your Video Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds, to see if this might improve operation.

If not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.