Doorbell doesn't ring inside, only outside, and also doesn't alert us that anyone is there.

We just noticed that our doorbell isn’t ringing inside. We had an electrician show up this morning and he rang the doorbell and we didn’t hear anything. My husband said he could hear it faintly but I didn’t hear anything. The reason is because he just heard the ringing outside. We also didn’t get any notification that there was anyone at the door. I charged it back up to 100%, evn though it was only at about 50%, to see if that made a difference. It didn’t. It says both the Front Door and the Hallway (where our Chime Pro is) are fully online. However, when I take the doorbell off it’s post by the front door and simply walk inside the front door, maybe 2 feet from where it usually is, it rings inside and we also get notification of it. What is going on and why is this all of a sudden happening when we’ve had this for over 2 years?

Hey @Mapper. Have you tried removing the devices from your account, resetting the devices and then re-setting them up? This may help ensure that the connection is solid at the install location for the devices. For the resets, you will press and hold the setup button for each device for 30 seconds. The Doorbell is an orange button and Chime Pro is a button on the side or hole - if there’s a hole, use a paperclip to press and hold down. Ensure the Chime Pro is plugged in when you do this reset as well, and the Doorbell you shouldn’t have to worry since you just charged it up! When setting up the devices, I recommend setting up the Chime Pro first, and then the Doorbell, as you can have the Doorbell connect directly to the Chime Pro Network. After the devices are re-set up, ding the Doorbell to ensure the Chime Pro on the inside is ringing as well.

If this continues to happen as you described it, it sounds like there may be a signal interference concern happening, but since this just started happening for you, it may be best to give our support team a call. They can diganosis this further for you to see what may be causing this lack of consistency. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how the call goes and if it helps!