Doorbell Chime

The doorbell chime will work once when the doorbell button is pushed but will not ring after that no matter how many times the doorbell button is pushed. Being it rings once tells me its working but baffled why its not working if pushed muliple times.

Hi @mikemeadows. Are you referring to an internal chime kit in your home, such as a digital or mechanical chime, or are you referring to a Ring Chime or Ring Chime Pro? Iā€™d be happy to offer some suggestions once I have more information. :slight_smile:

My existing mechanical chime that was hardwired to the doorbell.

I investigated more yesterday evening and found once the doorbell button is pushed the chime will ring but when the blue light is spinning on the Ring Pro the doorbell the chime will not work. Once the blue light stops spinning the doorbell chime will work. Is this normal?

1 Like

Hi there, @mikemeadows! Your observation is correct. When a button push event is registered to the Ring app and rings the internal chime, this event will be in progress and another button push attempt will not result in a chime sound. This is intended as the Doorbell Pro is working to process, power, and record the current event. Soon after the event completes, another button push should result in another chime and event. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I am having the same problem as this user. I understand your reply. However there is a long pause between events and another guest may be waiting a while before we know theu are there. Is there a way of speed up these wait times?
I would like to hear the bell sound on my indoor chime whenever it is pressed on the external bell