Doorbell charge

My doorbell is hardwired with the wires from my old doorbell, but it keeps telling me I need to recharge the battery. I checked the wires and they are secure, what can I do?

Hi @Divinemsm99. Which model of Doorbell do you have? While hardwiring one of our battery-operated Doorbells will provide a trickle charge, you may still need to manually charge the battery if it gets low. The trickle charge provided by the doorbell wires will help keep the battery topped off, but if you experience a large number of motions, dings, and Live Views, the battery may drain more quickly than it is being charged. I hope that helps clear things up for you! :slight_smile:

It’s a 1st generation, we’ve always gotten a lot of chimes and views, I can’t seem to get the casing off it manually charge the battery

@Divinemsm99 A larger number of motions, dings, and Live Views can contribute to the battery draining more quickly than it is being charged. If it is a Video Doorbell, then the battery is not removable so the Doorbell itself will need to be removed from the wall and plugged into the charging cable. You can use the orange screwdriver that was provided with the Doorbell in order to get it off the wall. I hope that helps! :slight_smile: