Doorbell button falls off

Hi. Any suggestions for how to repair or replace a push button on the video doorbell. Mine keeps falling off.

I’d love to know as well. Seen a lot of questions about this, nothing about solutions though. All I know is don’t superglue it.

Hey neighbors! There is not a way to replace the Doorbell button at this time, as it will require a replacement or new purchase of the device. For more information on how to get this replacement if you are within warranty, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Wow £180 and it breaks in a year

I have the same problem and my Ring is about 18 months old and I guess that Ring will want me to purchase another unit as there does not appear to be a way to repair it - I don’t think that this product is fit for purpose as I it appears to be a common problem.
I will not be replacing it but looking for something that is reliable.

Hi,

I know a lady on etsy who is very good at designing Ring Doorbell button replacements. I’m sure if you ask her (and send a picture) then she might be able to make one for you.

1 Like

The doorbell button on my older original Ring doorbell kept falling off but wasn’t damaged.
I aligned the 2 tabs on the inside of the button with the hole slots it fits in and twisted and pushed at the same time enough to rotate it about a 1/4 turn (either direction). This locked it in place. It helps to make a small mark on the outside of the button aligned with the tabs to reference the twisting progress. Make certain not to lose the o-ring that fits inside of the hole.

1 Like

Thank you for solution to doorbell button falling off. I was finally able to replace (and reset doorbell to work).
Now I will see just how long it stays on. O-ring did go missing, but I found another in the original Ring box.

I really appreciate your post.