Doorbell app keeps turning off audio from microphone and speaker

Suddenly the app for my Pro 2 is not recording audio (there is also no audio recorded on my on-line Ring account recordings). I did all the troubleshooting and nothing worked, then I noticed under Live View on the app that the microphone and speaker have a line through them. I activated the mic and the speaker and I could hear sound. However, every time I exit Live View the mic and speaker deactivate. How do I get the mic and speaker to remain activated?

Hi @kokopelli-az. This is the intended behavior. When you activate the Live View, you’ll need to tap on the microphone icon to activate the two-way audio to hear and speak with visitors at your door. This gives you the choice of whether or not to speak with whoever is at your door.

OK, I thought the Live View being muted had something to do with the audio not being recorded. So I guess my question is since I have done all the troubleshooting to no avail to be able to hear the audio, what else is there to try? The doorbell records and notifies me of movement. But the recordings have no audio (not on the app or my on-line account).

@kokopelli-az. Make sure the volume is turned up on either your phone or the device you’re accessing Ring.com from, as audio will still be recorded from the Doorbell even if you do not activate the microphone to speak. The microphone would need to be activated to record anything you are saying. I would also recommend checking Device Settings > Privacy Settings > Audio Streaming and Recording to make sure it is toggled on. Otherwise, you can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further troubleshooting assistance if this concern persists.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.