Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
P
User Solution
Closed
Doorbell and Chime See no networks
hardwired-video-doorbell
connectivity
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras

Installed new modem/router and was not able to keep SSID and pword the same as previous router. In the setup for either device, it does not find ANY networks, the list is empty. I know I’m broadcasting a 2.4 ghz network, if fact I have 2 (main and guest). I have a 2nd gen doorbell and 1st gen chime pro. Any ideas why no networks are populating in the list?

…I’ve tried the setup being in the same room as the router so it’s not an issue of weak signal…

17-12-2023 07:00:07

Responses (6)

P
User Solution

I finally got my Chime and Doorbell back online. I used an old phone I still had. Updated the Ring app and I was able to see all networks and reconnect to my wifi. I have no idea why my S20 (actually 2 of them) would not see the networks.

02-01-2024 07:28:10

C

Hi @PeteK01. Is your router dual-band? If so, that could be causing issues if the 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks share the same SSID and password. Try separating the bands, or creating a guest network that utilizes only the 2.4GHz network. Additionally, make sure the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open on your network.

Lastly, we have some additional troubleshooting steps for set up issues here. Should none of the troubleshooting steps above help resolve this issue, please reach out to our support team for further assistance.

19-12-2023 11:41:27

P

Thank you for the response. The 5/2.4 networks do not share SSID, they do share passwords and they are advertised separately. All ports and protocols are open and available.

19-12-2023 11:49:53

C

@PeteK01 If none of the suggested troubleshooting steps helped resolve this, you’ll need to get in touch with our support team for further assistance. You can reach out via phone, or by sending a private message on Facebook @Ring.

21-12-2023 06:17:45

P

I spent over an hour on the phone with support. They basically said they did not know what the issue was and left me at that…

21-12-2023 06:26:02

C

@PeteK01 If our support team has walked through all applicable troubleshooting steps and they were unable to find a solution, I’d suggest checking with your internet service provider to review your network settings. It’s possible an automatic update could have changed the security settings, preventing the network from showing during the setup process.

22-12-2023 07:03:12

P

Yea…like anyone that would answer a support call from Comcast would have the foggiest idea of what I’m talking about. Time to purchase another device…from another vendor.

24-12-2023 07:29:02

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User