Doorbell alerts when opening app

For a few weeks now, not every time but frequently when I open the ring app on my IPhone 11, my doorbell will trigger a motion alert when the preview thumbnail loads on my dashboard. This only happens to my 2yo doorbell 2 and not any of my other stickup cameras. Have not changed any settings (motion or otherwise) and I’m not sure why this is happening.
I am running current version of iPhone app, iOS, and doorbell shows up-to-date firmware running on hardwire power with good WiFi signal.

3 Likes

It happens to my ring doorbell too.

same problem here

I have the same problem. I was searching for an answer too.

Hi neighbors! Please ensure there are not any notification settings like do not disturb mode that might be preventing alerts until the app is active. I recommend also checking your Ring device alert toggles in the Ring app to confirm they are enabled for out of app alerts. It’s always good to ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled, as well as removing and reinstalling the app to ensure it is optimally integrated with your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

How do you confirm your app is enabled for out of app alerts? If I go to:

Device Settings > Alert Settings > Notification Preferences

There is an “In -App Notifications” option (which I have enabled). Should this be turned off?

I have done all the things you have suggested and I still receive notifications each time I open the app. It seems like the camera is waking up and I am being alerted?