Doorbell 3 stuck in setup mode

I’m trying to setup a doorbell 3. I get to the set up where the light is going round and round. But that’s it. I can see the ring network and it does attach to it, but the white light is just going round.
I’ve deleted a previous setup for this device, could that be the problem?

Hi @jaydba. Have you tried resetting the Doorbell or performing the setup on a different smartphone or tablet? If not, I’d suggest trying these steps. You can reset the Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, try to walk through the setup process in the Ring App once more. If you have a different smartphone or tablet, attempt the setup on there as well. Make sure you do not have Bluetooth or any VPNs enabled during the setup process. Let me know if any of these tips helped! :slight_smile:

Thank you @Caitly_ring! it was the VPN.

1 Like

I am trying to set up my doorbell. It will be connecting and then quit. I have rebooted the doorbell and I have attempted set up on other devices. Same outcome!

Hi @Barbara4. If my suggestions above didn’t do the trick, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: