Doorbell 3 solar charger not working

Installed the solar charger a week ago… the app has shown ,since install, the solar status is “not connected”. I thought at first this was probably due to it being cloudy. But it’s been in direct sunlight for the last 2 days and it’s status has not changed… not sure what to try or how to know whether it’s working or not.

Hi @ChadEL. The Solar Charger for your Doorbell requires at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight per day to provide a trickle charge to the battery. With standard use, this should help keep the battery topped off. If your Doorbell experiences a large number of events, the battery may drain more quickly than it can charge via the trickle charge. If you find that the battery is draining quickly and your Doorbell isn’t recording a large number of events, then I’d recommend touching base with our support team so they can help diagnose the problem.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

To be clear, the charger has had multiple hours of direct sunlight for multiple days now. The doorbell is on the back of the house so this device experiences little to no events. The device’s solar status still says “not connected” . From my understanding the doorbell should have at least recognized the solar charger attached to it. Or is there something I’m missing here?.

I don’t think mine as ever charged and I get 6-8 hours of sun, I still have to charge it externally … I would consider my traffic not that heavy. Hard to give a straight answer when everyone will have a different level of traffic … I would assume that I would get SOME charging from the solar charger. I feel I have to charge the battery just as often as before … will be giving it a low rating where I purchased.