Doorbell 3 Solar Charger not holding charge

There has to be a problem with doorbell 3 and its battery and solar charger. battery lasts 3 days with or with out solar charger. I have been told its too far away from the modem/router. Its six feet and only through glass. It just doesn’t work. We use two batteries and switch them back and forth so we never go with out power. Such an inconvenience.

Hi @me7810. Unexpected battery drain can typically attributed to excessive activity or extreme weather conditions. I’d recommend going through the information and troubleshooting steps for battery drain here. The Solar Charger can help extend the amount of time between manual charges, as it provides a trickle charge to the Doorbell’s battery. To do this, the Solar Charger needs to receive 4 or more hours of direct sunlight per day.

Ensuring the Solar Charger gets enough direct sunlight and reducing excessive motions should improve the battery life. For further assistance with your Doorbell, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’ve been dealing with the same issue and it’s hard to tell why the charger works sometimes. I been given the generic solutions to fix the problem but they doesn’t work. I even disabled all motion and alerts for hours and the battery percentage did move not 1%. I removed the battery and disconnected the charger and upon reconnecting everything the battery was down 10% then before.
It’s a shame that Ring is aware of issues with their products and they refuse to do anything about it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.