Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
User Solution
Closed
Doorbell 3 offline, suddenly wont connect
connectivity
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

Ive had a Doorbell 3 battery version for over a year, no issues. Then recently my battery started draining fast. The doorbell was trying to connect to my wifi constantly all of a sudden. Now its gone offline altogether and won’t reconnect. Ive tried redoing the connection, but its not finding ANY wifi networks. Im on Virgin, and that is online, no issues. I dont know what to try? Anyone else had a similar issue?

05-02-2024 06:55:30

Responses (2)

C
User Solution

Hi @user76052. I’d suggest fully resetting your Ring Doorbell 3 by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Then, reboot your router according to the steps provided by your internet service provider. This can sometimes be done via your online account with your ISP, or by unplugging the router for about a minute then plugging it back in.

After completing the reset on your Doorbell and the reboot on your router, try to walk through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps found under Set Up a Device in the Ring app. If you run into any errors or issues during the setup process, try the troubleshooting steps here.

Should that not work, something may have changed on your wifi network. Check that the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open on your router, and try changing the wifi channel. If this concern still persists after trying all of the above, it would be best to get in touch with our support team to look into things further.

07-02-2024 05:43:35

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

08-03-2024 05:43:56

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User