Doorbell 3 hardwired; no live view

We have a brand new ring video doorbell 3 that is hardwired. The battery life indicator has never been less than 95%. Wi-Fi signal strength at the worst is in the 40s. However, whenever I try to use live view -whether in the regular ring app or the rapid ring app- I am told that live view is disabled. I have gone through the settings and ensured that live view is in fact enabled. No VPN. The same happens whether on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, or on my husband’s Samsung.

Why isn’t live mode activating? We are getting proper notifications and are also getting proper recordings. We just cannot drop in and use live view.

Hey @SiamNikkiDoc. Are you in a Disarmed Mode that would dis-enable the device from enabling the Live View? I recommend checking your Mode settings and reading how to in this Help Center Article here. In the event that your Live View will still not activate, I recommend following up with our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi @Chelsea_Ring

Thanks for responding!

No we are not in a disarmed mode. I have the doorbell set to record no matter whether we are home away etc. I double checked for that as well as to make sure it’s not in privacy mode either.

I will go ahead and call the support team and see what they can figure out.

Thanks for your help!