Doorbell 2 suddenly black recordings

A few days ago my doorbell 2 suddenly started to show black recordings on both motion and actual ring alerts.
Clicking on live view I see the live picture but the recording after is black as well.
The snap shots in between are showing up in the timeline.
This started happening in between 2 alerts on March 7th in the early morning hours (EST).
My floodlight cam is still working correctly.

I only found it out this morning because a neighbors car got stolen and I checked the recordings. It triggered on the theft time but shows only black.
I can tell because the floodlight cam recorded them as well but with a bad angle.

I restarted the router already but the issue still occurs.
Device health shows good with >4000mV and signal strength shows green RSSI -44.

Please advice.

Hi @VolkerH. Since your Floodlight Cam is connecting and recording videos as intended, your Video Doorbell Pro should as well. Great call on checking your device health variables! The RSSI and power looks sufficient for video and intended operation.

Please ensure your Ring Pro is connected to the 2.4 Ghz wifi rather than the 5 Ghz channel frequency. I recommend also, removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device to ensure it is optimally integrated. If this concern continues, the next best step will be to reach out to our support team for in-depth troubleshooting. Feel free to let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks Marley, I will check the connection and let you know.
The app doesn’t seem the issue as the webpage also shows he black videos.

I attempted to change the network but pressing the reset button but the light never started spinning nor could i join the Ring wifi network shown on my screen. I also did not find the Ring network in my iPhone settings when I was next to my camera.

Finally was able to reset it and add the device again.
That fixed the black screen issue.
Thanks !

1 Like