Doorbell 2 hardwired

Hi there,
I’ve just hardwired my doorbell 2 and now there is a white ring light permanently on! Is there any way to turn this off as it kind of illuminates the drive and I don’t want it.

Thanks

Dave

Hey @Dave2318. There is no way to turn off this light at this time! This light will be on as long as the Doorbell is charging up, so this is a sign of that. If it’s fully charged at 100%, the light should go away. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the appropriate team about this concern!

Thanks for the info. If it’s only on whilst charging that’s ok. Battery is currently at 86% and really slowly charging (only a 500mah power supply).

1 Like

Hi,

The doorbell has finished charging and is showing 100% in the app. Unfortunately the light is still on. Is there any setting to change to make the light go off when it’s charged? It does make it stick out in the dark of the street and kind of draws attention to our house from the road.

Thanks

Dave

@Dave2318 Thanks for waiting until it was at 100% to see if it would go away! After checking in with my teams, it looks like as long as the app states that it is charging the battery and/or hardwired, the light will remain on. I will make sure to pass on this feedback to the appropriate teams so we can look into having that light have an option to be turned off for the future!