Doorbell 2 does not recognise me as the owner

The battery must have died so after recharging it I tried to connect the doorbell back to the app, however it says that it must contact the owner to authorise me as the new owner…I have always been the owner! I haven’t received any email from them and just don’t know what to do. Has anyone experienced this before?

HI @Rolandrat! This definitely should not happen if you are the original owner. Please ensure you are logged in to the owner Ring account for the Ring app, and that your location is also showing properly in the app.

If you are able to see your Video Doorbell in the Ring app, you can access it’s device health section to reconnect it from there. As you mentioned, part of the Change of Ownership process is to receive an email for verification. If the above steps did not work, and ownership email is still not being received, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

The Ring correspondent reply is wrong.
My device does not recognise me as the owner. No matter what is used, rescanned or logged in, it refuses to recognise the legal owner. My wife and I have wasted hours with the nonsense that is the Ring app and it’s product.
There is no way to remove devices as the app claims. All that happens when clicking the three lines is an opportunity to buy another useless product. Just avoid the thing in the first place and save yourself a heap of trouble.

Hi @user24923. It’s possible you are signed into another Ring account that was not used when you first set up the Ring Doorbell. Tapping the three lines in the top left should bring up a menu with several options, including a Devices and Settings tab. If you’re not seeing this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.