Door sensor went offline right after I went out of town

I set up my system about a week ago, and everything was fine… until I left town! Then, a day into my trip, I got notified that the front door sensor went offline. I checked the logs and this is the first time it did this. And unfortunately its still offline a day later. Is there anything I can do remotely? I thought about removing and re-adding the device but I don’t know if I can do that remotely…

thx, Steve

There is nothing you can do for that sensor until you get back to the system, if the sensor of offline you cannot communicate with it to do anything. When you get back you can see what happened, might just be a battery failure.

2 Likes

Hey @St3v3k! If you give our support team a call, at 800-656-1918, they will be happy to troubleshoot more in-depth with you! :slight_smile:

There is no way to remotely reset your Alarm devices, so you will need to ensure that you or someone with owner account access is there to assist with a sensor falling offline. The connection your device has is normally a factor when it comes to a Contact Sensor falling offline. Considering distance to the Base Station, and using the Alarm Range Extender are some great steps to take to ensure connection can be established to the offline sensor. For an optimal connection, check out our Help Center article about Z-Wave.

Here is also our Help Center article with a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting and resetting your Contact Sensor. There are some additional steps in the Ring app to reset or refresh your Base Station or Z-Wave network, but these are best done with our support team.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like