Door Sensor reports open status when it appears to be closed

I am having the same issue - “front door is open” says Ring but it is closed - support by Ring is basically non existent for that reason I would never buy a Ring system again.
Was on the phone for 45 min three times, while the reps were friendly, their english skills were horrible - I am just amazed that no one at Ring can solve this issue!!!

I have to operate my Ring system with the front door sensor disabled??? What good is the system for then? LOL

1 Like

Hi @user15440. If your Contact Sensor is reporting as open when the Sensor is closed, try factory resetting the Sensor and adding it back into the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. It may also be a connection concern if the Base Station is particularly far away from the Contact Sensor. You can use a Range Extender to help strengthen that connection by placing it around halfway between the Contact Sensor and the Base Station. If this concern persists, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Ring chat support is useless and irresponsible. My chat was ended abruptly.

Hi @user37734. Ring chat will time out and automatically close if no response is detected within the time limit. If you have a concern that you’d like help with, you can create a new topic.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.