Door left opened

I want to receive an alert when a door has been left open. For example, if our front ot back door is left wide open for longer than 3-4 minutes while we’re at home, I want Ring to start sending me constant alerts until it’s shut… not just a tiny alert when it’s first opened. Please help

2 Likes

Ring does not do that. It can alert for open or close only. My August lock can do that. But it will only remind me once if it’s left open passed my time limit that I set.

1 Like

This is an essential alarm notification. We have several doors around our home and with kids coming and going… doors are often left open. My prior system did this and it was great. If I was at work I could notify my family that someone left the sliding door or porch door open.

Hi neighbors, there is no option to receive a notification when a Contact Sensor has been left open at this time. Other neighbors have suggested this function before on our Feature Request board. I’d suggest adding your feedback and vote to that request.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.