Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
J
Door bell batteries
troubleshooting
battery-life
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell

I charged my battery till 100%. Put it in the foor bell. Its also attached to a hard wire . Now its at 92% after 1 day. It should remain at 100% regardless of what is going on. I thinks it faulty? ???

17-12-2023 02:33:21

Responses (1)

C

Hi @juliaolivia. Hardwiring a battery powered Doorbell doesn’t provide continuous power, it provides a trickle charge to the battery. The Doorbell is still powered off the battery directly rather than the doorbell circuit. With that in mind, the battery may drain more quickly than it can be charged via the wiring.

Various factors can affect how quickly the battery drains, including the level of activity recorded and the weather. We have some information on battery drain here. Additionally, very cold weather can impact the performance of lithium-ion batteries, such as the ones used in Ring devices. I hope this information helps.

19-12-2023 08:04:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User