Door bell 2 - button works, no notifications

Hi, I’ve had a constant issue with my video doorbell 2 from the start. It’s almost like it goes into a sleep mode.

9 times out of 10 when someone presses the button, the makes the noise outside and the button flashes blue. But it does not send a button push notification to my phone and does not set off the chime on my echos.

I know it has a good WiFi signal, I checked the settings. I know the doorbell is awake because I get a notification to my phone as soon as it detects a person approaching it.

I know the person presses the button because I can see them press the button on the video - because the doorbell detects a person it starts recording.

I know the button mechanically works because the doorbell glows/flashes blue and makes a noise.

I have uninstalled the app and manually reset the doorbell multiple times. I still get the same problem.

More often than not now I miss my deliveries because the driver thinks the doorbell is working so doesn’t knock the door.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem since a momento ago. I updated the IOS app and I cannot access the Ring3. Also the page has problems during sign in. I think this is a problem in Ring site and not with the device

My doorbell has been doing it for months I’m afraid, since it was new.

I am having the same ring app problems tonight as you though. All of my cameras are down.

Sorry to hear about this, neighbors! It sounds like this may be related to our recent status found at Status.Ring.com, or in the Community Announcements. Our team is working on a solution as we speak, and will update the status when this concern has been resolved.

If you are needing further assistance, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

I’m not sure you read my post properly - I said my doorbell has been doing this for months.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app countless times and reset the doorbell. My WiFi router is 16ft from the doorbell with only 1 wall on the way. My internet is 170mb fibre. My internet connection to the doorbell couldn’t be better.

The people who live next door to me have the same problem with their doorbell. And a lot of other people on forums on the internet have the same problem. But Ring doesn’t seem to have a fix, clearly it is a software fault.
I wish I went with nest.