Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
B
Don't buy Ring
connectivity
negative-feedback
troubleshooting
I will never buy another ring product, everytime there is motion and I go to check it, it says downloading update 😑😑

383 β€’

0 β€’

0 β€’

18-03-2023 12:15:09

Responses (7)

C
Hi @brucearner. Which model of Ring Doorbell or Camera do you have? You can find the model name on the Device Health page. Additionally, would you mind sharing a screenshot of this message you're receiving in the Ring app? I'd be happy to help with general troubleshooting tips and tricks after having a bit more information.

β€’

20-03-2023 11:51:49

β€’

R
I have the exact error. The device connects and will even show you in a video as you finish setup. but in a minute it tried to update firmware which never succeeds. This is a defect of Ring pro that I paid $249.99 for and they found a way to never fix it, or replace it. They offered 1/3 off the website and if you think you may buy a refurb device, think again because they are out of stock. I had two events that a ring camera would have saved me from problems and it wasn't working. This company not only doesnt care but they will sell your video data because they are owned by Amazon. There is no way Ring is a good way to spend your money. Dishonest thieves.

β€’

21-03-2023 04:44:28

β€’

R
I have the exact error. The device connects and will even show you in a video as you finish setup. but in a minute it tried to update firmware which never succeeds. This is a defect of Ring pro that I paid $249.99 for and they found a way to never fix it, or replace it. They offered 1/3 off the website and if you think you may buy a refurb device, think again because they are out of stock. I had two events that a ring camera would have saved me from problems and it wasn't working. This company not only doesnt care but they will sell your video data because they are owned by Amazon. There is no way Ring is a good way to spend your money. Dishonest thieves.

β€’

21-03-2023 04:44:28

β€’

R
The ring doorbell has after 2 years and 1 Month problem with the view. We only have 2 years warranty. After 2 years ring customer service give me only 30% discount on a new ringdoorbell. Very dissapoint because i taugh I can use the doorbell for a longer time then 2 years and 1 month. Sollution new doorbell that I can longer use then 2 years.

β€’

21-03-2023 05:53:32

β€’

U
Great post, this company was much better before Amazon bought them. Now they just care about their bottom line not the customer or the product.

β€’

28-09-2023 07:08:48

β€’

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User