Does the Ring Stick Up Camera work on cellular data?

I have the Wireless Ring Stick Up Camera ($99.00) for indoor and outdoor use.
However, my house is not connected to any Wi-Fi service.
The only way I receive internet service is through the T-Mobile 4G LTE cellular data plan for my tablet.
Will the Stick Up Camera work if I connect my tablet to a router & depend on my T-Mobile 4G LTE cellular data plan for internet service?

Thanks for your reply.

I have the internet service from my tablet but I still need a Wi-Fi router, is that correct?

I tried to access my camera using only cellular data without a Wi-Fi router but was unsuccessful.
I even turned off the cellular data & turned on the Wi-Fi button on my tablet but was still unsuccessful.

Hope you can help!

1 Like

OK! I will give it a try after I get the router.

All the best to you.

1 Like

Hi @DL19551978. You might have to access the “mobile hotspot” on your tablet in order for the Stick Up Cam to access it. The downside is the mobile hotspots may use a lot of data, which can be costly depending your service plan.

Hi neighbors. The Ring Stick Up Camera requires an internet connection via wifi, which requires a wifi router. While you may be able to connect your Stick Up Cam to a mobile hotspot, this is not recommended as it is not a stable connection and may also use a lot of data. For more information on wifi, check out this Help Center article.

1 Like