Does Ring Keypad show always-on arm and zone status?

I’m looking into the retrofit kit to use existing alarm contact points. My current legacy “dumb” keypad shows a simple red/green arm status, as well as a separate “zone open” light. Does the Ring Keypad, base or retrofit kit display any always-on lights? I know the phone app will tell me but I prefer a quick glance at the wall.

Hi @Johnnyma45. The ring on the top of the Base Station will display the mode status, as it will be blue when the system is disarmed and red when it is armed. As for the lights on the Keypad, you can check out our Help Center Article here to learn more about the 2nd gen Keypad. If you have the 1st gen Keypad, you’ll want to look at this Help Center Article to learn more about the lights and what they indicate. I hope that’s helpful! :slight_smile:

So I take it to mean there is no option for the keypad to be always-on for alarm mode display? I wouldn’t mind charging the keypad more often if it meant I could have it always on, and I could see it from across the room.

Hi @Johnnyma45. Chiming in for Caitlyn here. There is no way for the Keypad to be constantly illuminated. The only ways the Keypad to light up are the methods outlined in the articles above.