Does Removing and Reinstalling My Ring Video 2 For New Modem Affect My Plan?

Hi,

Just upgraded my modem so gather I need to delete the doorbell and then reinstall it to connect to the new wi-fi. I remember reading somewhere that the yearly recording plan was pretty sensitive and could be “lost” without notice with certain changes.

I’m not really worried about keeping any video already recorded but don’t want to have to pay another yearly subscription when my current one is only 3 monhs old.

Am I wrong? If not, is there a way to transfer ownership of the plan given it’s the same device, just new modem or does it automatically transfer?

TIA

Gary

Hey @Covo. If you need to update your wifi information, you do not need to remove the Doorbell to update the information! You can go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health > Change Wifi Network. This will take you through a setup like the first time where you can change the information to the new network information and not affect the plan by deleting the device! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @Covo. If you need to update your wifi information, you do not need to remove the Doorbell to update the information! You can go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health > Change Wifi Network. This will take you through a setup like the first time where you can change the information to the new network information and not affect the plan by deleting the device! :slight_smile:

Awesome thank you Chelsea! ???

I did look through various menus but obviously missed that one.

1 Like