Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Distinguish motion towards door from motion along street
hardwired-video-doorbell
negative-feedback
motion-settings

Please, please, please, make the motion detecting software smart enough to distinguish motion along the street— say joggers or dog walkers— from motion toward the doorbell. XXXX% of the alerts I get are of 0 interest to me! If the software can tell a car from a person, surely it can tell which way a person is moving.

Motion zones will absolutely not work for me, as the lines of site are the same no matter what someone is doing.

24-03-2024 06:17:13

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user79605. Try turning off Smart Alerts, then performing a quick reboot from the Device Health page. After that, adjust your Motion Zones and Motion Sensitivity to your liking before turning Smart Alerts back on. It also looks like you may have some stairs leading up to your front door, so a Wedge Kit can help in this case by angling your doorbell’s view down slightly. This will shift the doorbell’s focus to be more on the pathway to your door, rather than the sidewalk or street.

If these issues persist after making the adjustments above, I’d recommend following up with our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance. You can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

26-03-2024 04:05:01

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User