Display live view on android phone without opening the Ring app

How can I view Live view, on my android phone, when motion/person is detected approaching front door without having to open the Ring app?

Hi @user38491. You can activate Live View by tapping on the notification you get on your phone. You can also activate Live View from the Dashboard of the Ring app by selecting your device and tapping Live View. You can also find information about Live View here. Let me know if this is helpful.

Thank you for your response but no, this is not the solution I am looking for. I know I can do all that you have mentioned. Your solution involves 4 steps: waking up the phone, swiping to get to the Ring app, hitting the Ring app, and hitting live view. I am trying to avoid those steps. I would like to know if, when a person is detected, can the Ring doorbell, automatically wake the phone and immediately show the front door without me even touching the phone? My Alexa device can do exactly that.

1 Like

Hi @user38491. No. Your phone will not automatically open up Live View without you touching it.

Thank you for your answer. At least now I know that it can’t do that. Seems odd though that my Alexa device can do that but, of all things, you’d think the Ring people would have adapted this feature for phones.

Hi @user38491. In my personal opinion, having your phone automatically answer and start Live View can be problematic. For one, this could cause an overage if you’re on a limited internet plan and your phone is Live Viewing for every motion. Also, if you are in a situation where you don’t want your phone to be a distraction, automatic Live View could be a concern. Thank you for your feedback on this!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.