Discrepancy between Ring iphone app and webbrowser

ISSUE: iphone app says POWER SOURCE: hardwired; however, Google browser says POWER SOURCE: battery. I have logged out and logged back on both systems, cleared cache memory and tried different webbrowsers, but the discrepancy remains. I have tested for hardwire voltage at the Ring Video Door Bell 3; it is 22 volts, as it was when set up two years ago. Please advise.

Hi @user28669. Are you experiencing any performance problems with your Video Doorbell? If your Doorbell is working correctly and you’re not experiencing any power concerns, that would tell us it may just be a visual bug on the Ring.com interface, since the power source is correctly listed in the Ring app.

Hello Caitlyn:

1. Web browser says the system is battery powered; iphone app says it’s hardwired, as you noted.

2. Device is hardwired and there is 22 volts at the doorbell wire terminals.

3. However, the battery no longer trickle charges.

4. It has worked just fine for +/- 24 months and suddenly stopped charging in the last month.

5. I am able to fully charge the battery by removing it from the doorbell casing and using the external battery charger.

6. Thoughts? Is it likely the charging circuit internal to the doorbell is defective?

Caitlyn - I tried a factory reset this morning with no success.

Another fact: When I disconnect the hardwired power to the doorbell, the iphone app switches from hardwired to battery power source, as expected. So back to my original theory that perhaps the battery charging circuit in the doorbell3 is inoperable. The battery itself seems ok, as it charges to 100% with the external charger. Thoughts?

Hi @user28669. I’m happy to chime in here. Those were the correct steps to take if your Doorbell’s battery is no longer trickle charging. Since you have tried those steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.